Fated Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fated Destiny

A Harry Potter roleplay site - Future era - Next gen

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Planet Earth Rising

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Momento Mori
Momento Mori

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Planet Earth Rising Empty
PostSubject: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:52 pm

Summary: Helen’s little shop of many magical needs. Sells herbs, cauldrons, potions, seeds, and other little things.
Setting: Planet Earth Rising, a store across the street from Zonko’s
Time of Day: Morning (at the beginning but anytime afterwards)
Rp Session: Open Thread

Planet Earth Rising

shop layout

Helen’s eyes fluttered open. It was morning and time for her to open up the store for the soon to be arriving customers. Slowly arising from bed, Helen let out an yawn and stretched out her arms. She walked over to her bedroom closet, which she had slowly turned into mainly a work closet, and grabbed her water pale, apron, and broom.

She left her bedroom, walked across the hall, and into the shop. Helen walked to the register counter, which was at the far right corner from the front entrance of the store. She leaned the broom upright on the side of the counter and placed the pale on top of the counter. She tied on her work apron and once again picked up the pale.

Helen had one of the tidiest shops in all of Hogsmeade village. Her shop was small and could be found across the street from Zonko’s joke shop. The front window that revealed the insides of the shop had the words ‘Planet Earth Rising’ painted in brown lettering across the glass. Inside on the left wall were all sorts of herbs and on a counter across from the herbs were seeds and books on the herbs. In the center of the shop was a bookshelf like table. It had a flat surface but underneath were bookshelves filled with all sorts of books on every topic thinkable, even fictional books, and muggle books were there. On the top of the table were binders that contained information like what herbs and stones were good for what and the things that correspond with people’s birth dates and certain months. Over infront of the window was a countertop with potions, powders, quills and a bunch of other little things. Between that counter and the register counter, on the right wall, were cauldrons for potion mixing. Behind the register counter was a stool and behind that shelving for items she could only sell to adult wizards.

After Helen finished watering the herbs and sweeping the floor, she opened the store, grabbed a mug from the kitchen in her small residence connected to the store and did what she always did with her leftover water from the pale, transfigured it into tea and drank it out of the mug. Sitting on her stool behind the register counter, she waited for a customer to arrive and her quaint little shop.
Back to top Go down
RhiannonMei
RhiannonMei

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Rhiannon (Rhia) Ai
Character Age: 16
House: Gryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Rhia walked down the road to Hogsmeade. It was morning and most people probably weren't up and about yet, considering the fact that it was a Saturday. Looking up at the sky, Rhia thought, 'People spend far too much time staring at the ground... They miss so many things that are beautiful up high.' Rhia squinted as she looked up. It was a slightly cloudy day, but every now and then, the bright sun would peek through its blanket of clouds and Rhia would be treated to a glare of sunlight. Looking around her, Rhia noticed that as it was spring, the flowers that grew on along some people's lawns were starting to bloom. Rhia smiled as she contemplated growth, peace, and success.

As she walked past the various shops, Rhia suddenly stopped across from Zonko's. Here was a shop she had never seen before called Planet Earth Rising. Rhia crinkled her forehead as she wondered, 'I've been to Hogsmeade during all the Hogsmeade weekends... but I've never seen this shop. I wonder why...' Rhia slowly walked into the shop and blinked as her eyes adjusted to the sudden change in light. "Hello?" Rhia called. Walking further in, Rhia's eyes adjusted and she saw a lady with blonde hair sittin behind the counter. Suddenly nervous, Rhia said, "Erm... Hi. My name is Rhia Ai and I'm a student up at Hogwarts. I was wondering... How long has this shop been here, and what does it sell?"
Back to top Go down
Momento Mori
Momento Mori

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 7:42 pm

Helen was still drinking her tea when she heard the shop door open. Helen looked over towards the door and she saw a young Asian girl with long, dark-brown hair. "Hello?" spoke the girl who just walked in. Helen noticed the girl blinking, probley getting used to the light change from outside to in. As the girl got closer, Helen noticed the badge on her robes was that of a Gryffindor’s, obviously meaning the girl was a student at Hogwarts.

The girl looked a bit nervous. "Erm... Hi. My name is Rhia Ai and I'm a student up at Hogwarts. I was wondering... How long has this shop been here, and what does it sell?" the girl asked. Helen gave a sweet smile and said, “Well the shop has been here for five years, but it is understandable if you do not recognize it. It is easily missed being all the attention around it is taken from more famous, nearby shops.” She gave a slight chuckle and continued. “The shop has herbs, cauldrons, potions, seeds, and other little things for sell. Pretty much what you need to make potions and things like that. We even sell books about magic.”
Back to top Go down
RhiannonMei
RhiannonMei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 7:50 pm

Rhia took in the shop's details. Their were books in the center of the shop and little plants and binders were placed throughout the shop. “The shop has herbs, cauldrons, potions, seeds, and other little things for sell. Pretty much what you need to make potions and things like that. We even sell books about magic.” At the mention of books, Rhia's eyes lit up. "Really?" she said. Walking over to the books in the center of the room, Rhia pointed to them and asked, "Are they here?"
Back to top Go down
Momento Mori
Momento Mori

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 8:05 pm

Rhia took in the shop's details. Their were books in the center of the shop and little plants and binders were placed throughout the shop. “The shop has herbs, cauldrons, potions, seeds, and other little things for sell. Pretty much what you need to make potions and things like that. We even sell books about magic.” At the mention of books, Rhia's eyes lit up. "Really?" she said. Walking over to the books in the center of the room, Rhia pointed to them and asked, "Are they here?"

When Helen mentioned books, she noticed Rhia’s eyes light up. "Really?" Rhia sked her and Helen nodded. Helen watched as Rhia walked to the center of the room where the books were. "Are they here?" Rhia asked pointing to the books. Helen nodded even though she thought it was quite obvious those were the books, but she decided not to be rude. “Yes those are the books. There are books on all class subjects taught at Hogwarts, a few on famous wizards and wizards in history, ancient spells, and all sorts of things like that. Feel free to look through them.”
Back to top Go down
RhiannonMei
RhiannonMei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 8:14 pm

Rhia blushed. She could tell from the shopkeeper's expression that she thought it was a bit obvious where the books were. "I'm sorry, but sometimes when my sister doesn't want me getting into her books, she'll hide them from me and put different books in their place," Rhia said. Shrugging, she continued, "I know it's a bit paranoid, but..."

“Yes those are the books. There are books on all class subjects taught at Hogwarts, a few on famous wizards and wizards in history, ancient spells, and all sorts of things like that. Feel free to look through them.”

"Thanks!" Rhia said as she sat down on the floor and started sifting through various tomes. During the time of 30 minutes, Rhia managed to sift through them all and at the end of her 'sifting', Rhia had a pile of books next to her. The rest, were back in their places. Rhia took the books to the counter and smiled at the title that was on top: "The Power of the Moon". Inside her mind, Rhiannon told Rhia, 'I can't wait to read that one!' Rhia thought to her, 'Yeah... I can't wait either.'. Finally at the counter, Rhia placed the books carefully on the solid surface and fished around in her silvery-blue purse for her bag of money.
Back to top Go down
Momento Mori
Momento Mori

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 8:39 pm

Helen smiled when Rhia thanked her. This was the first client she had had in a bit. People usually overlooked the quaint little shop of hers. There are a few usual patrons that stop in every other week or so, but that is usually about it. As Rhia examined books, Helen walked off into the kitchen behind the store and put some brownies in the oven. After setting a timer for thirty minutes, she walked back into the store and began reading a book titled ‘I Am Morgan Le Fay’.

After about thirty minutes Helen saw Rhia walk to the counter and place down a heap of books. At the same time as Rhia’s approaching the timer went off for the brownies. “One sec,” Helen said to Rhia. She hurried to the kitchen and pulled out the brownies. After cutting them into squares, she brought the brownie tray to the shop counter and got back to Rhia. Helen looked at the top of the stack and saw a book titled ‘The Power of the Moon’. “Nice book choice,” Helen commented. Helen calculated the total cost of all the books and said, “That will be twelve galleons.”
Back to top Go down
RhiannonMei
RhiannonMei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Rhia rummaged in her drawstring pouch that she kept her money in and counted out twelve galleons. Handing the money to the shopkeeper, Rhia said, "Here you go." Suddenly, Rhia caught the whiff of something yummy... chocolate... Looking around, Rhia saw the plate of brownies and her eyes lit up at the sight of the yummy-looking chocolatey food.
Back to top Go down
Momento Mori
Momento Mori

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 1:56 am

Helen took the money that Rhia handed to her and put it in the shop register. Helen chuckled to herself when she saw that Rhia’s eyes lit when she saw the fresh, chocolate brownies. Helen smiled at Rhia and asked, “Would you like some?”. Helen took her wand and ‘acciod’ them some plates and a spatula to take out the brownies.

Helen got out two brownies and placed them on the plates. Still smiling Helen handed Rhia a plate and said, “Here you go, a fresh from the oven brownie.” Helen took a bite of hers and the chocolaty taste melted in her mouth. She was great cook and an excellent baker just like her mother.
Back to top Go down
RhiannonMei
RhiannonMei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 8:42 pm

Taking the plate, Rhia replied, "Thanks for the brownie. I'm sorry that I haven't asked this sooner, but what's your name?" Biting into her brownie, Rhia added, "By the way, these brownies are really good... you could sell them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planet Earth Rising   Planet Earth Rising Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planet Earth Rising
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fated Destiny :: Beyond Hogwarts-
Jump to: