Fated Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fated Destiny

A Harry Potter roleplay site - Future era - Next gen

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Just_In_Time
Just_In_Time

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name: Justin Cole
Character Age: 17
House: Ravenclaw

Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole Empty
PostSubject: Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole   Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 10:55 pm

-Private-Justin Cole, Nora White-September 7th-8 o’clock pm-The Lake-

::Justin headed out to the grounds, tired of being cooped up inside for everything except for Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, and Quidditch. His studies were taking most of his days now, leaving him little free time so that his usual walks around the grounds of the castle had been rudely stopped. But it was too nice a night to pass up a walk. The half moon was out, shining down and lighting up the grounds and stars were beginning to appear in the darkening blue night sky. There was a cool autumn breeze that ruffled the leaves of the trees of the Forbidden Forest and the hair of anyone outside as well, but it wasn’t unpleasant. Not keeping track of where his feet were taking him, Justin soon found himself nearing the Herbology greenhouses.::

::He knew that he shouldn’t be here, not this late. It wasn’t safe to be outside alone anymore, he knew. The professors hadn’t warned them about staying out; it was just something known throughout the school. And there were some things he just knew without ever being told, like that Death Eaters were bad and anyone that opposed them was good, that the fifteenth step on the hidden staircase connecting the third and fifth floor would trap your foot if you stepped on it, you could walk through ghosts, to never mention Nora’s father around the Whites, that he belonged in the wizarding world, and that he needed to get his head on straight and figure out what to do with his life before it was too late. He sighed, leaning back against on a chest high stone wall circling around the greenhouses and looked out at the peaceful grounds. Yeah, he needed to get going on that last one soon- it was his seventh year at Hogwarts and he had yet to think of an occupation he was fit for. It wasn’t like he didn’t have talent; he was in Ravenclaw, after all. But there was just too much he still didn’t know about the world he found himself in. His mother was a witch, father a Muggle, and so for his first eleven years he had no idea there even was real magic. Until then he had wanted to be a policeman when he grew up, but police here had a much more difficult job, what with underage wizards running around with wands at all hours. Not to mention the threat of You-Know-Who returning to power.::

::He was a good flyer, he knew that, but didn’t feel that Quidditch would be enough to keep his mind busy for the rest of his life. And there would inevitably come a day when he would be unable to fly. An Auror? Justin had no intention of turning to the “Dark side” so that was an acceptable possibility.::

::Okay, enough of that, he thought, shaking thoughts of the future from his mind. Don’t you wanna enjoy yourself while you’re out here? Can’t do that with worrying, he reasoned, pushing himself off of the wall. He turned his path towards the lake, deciding that maybe he would go and have a visit with the giant squid or just throw rocks in the lake like any other seventeen year old guy would do while trying to puzzle something out.::

Last edited by on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LostInWonderland
LostInWonderland

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-03-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Nora Leanne White
Character Age: 16

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole   Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 11:00 pm

::Nice night, thought Nora wistfully as she looked out from a tall thin window in the entrance hall. Were they allowed out after dinner? No way to find out but to go and hope they were. The gigantic double doors were unlocked and what was the worst that could happen? She broke away from her friends and headed out the front entrance to the castle. The first breath of brisk fall air woke her up immensely (she had been beginning to feel drowsy because of the rich meal always prepared for their dinner), and she set off in the general direction of the lake, pulling the sleeves of her gray sweater over her hands which had balled into fists to try and stay warm. She crossed her arms over her middle and felt her just-above-the-knee length black skirt flutter in the wind, making goose bumps crawl on her skin as her small heels took their first steps upon the lush dewy grass of the grounds. It was cooler than she had anticipated but she wouldn’t have run all the way up to her dorm just to change even if she had known. She would be fine, just a little chilly.::

::As she walked, Nora began to see another person silhouetted against the moon’s light shining on the lake on this starry night. From the back she couldn’t tell if it was a student or professor, whoever it was was tall, and so stayed in the lengthening shadows of trees dotting the land just in case it was someone from whom she could get in trouble from by being outside until she neared him. And who would it turn out to be but the one and only Justin Cole? Nora’s lips curved upwards into a smile and she quickened her pace.::

”What’re you doing out here all by your lonesome?” Nora asked as she came up behind her childhood friend. Knowing that he would ask her the same thing back if she gave him the chance, she quickly said, “I fancied a walk as well. Where you headed? Now that we’re both out here we might as well go together. Unless you’re on some secret mission, of course.” She grinned, looking up at him, and playfully elbowed him in the side.::
Back to top Go down
Just_In_Time
Just_In_Time

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole   Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 6:46 pm

”What’re you doing out here all by your lonesome?”

::Justin's head whipped around to see his old friend Nora coming up behind him. Opening his mouth to reply, he was cut off as she continued-::

“I fancied a walk as well. Where you headed? Now that we’re both out here we might as well go together. Unless you’re on some secret mission, of course.”

::She then poked him in the side which was completely unnecessary...so of course he had to yank on a lock of her dark brown hair. She let out a high pitched yelp and narrowed her pretty brown eyes at him but he only laughed which made her scowl deepen.::

"Well," he said, ignoring her, "I'll just say that I was planning on going to the lake. I would ask if you would care to join me but you've already decided that. And about the 'secret mission,'" his voice suddenly lowered so it was little more than a whisper, "how did you find out? I'll have to tell them I need to reschedule since I can't let you tag along and you'd only follow me if I tried to escape."

::He grinned, his dark brown, nearly black, eyes shining in the starlight. Justin shrugged and said, "I just wanted to get out of the castle, it's been driving me mad, being inside nearly all day. So, what've you been up to since last we met? It's been a whole four days already. Who've you dated in that time? Last year it could've been at least three, did you beat that?"

::Knowing that something much worse than a poke in the side would occur because of that if he stayed within reach, laughing hard, he leapt out of the way and took off at a run towards the shore of the lake. They had been near already and so the decline of land leading to the shore was under his feet within moments. Justin could hear her racing after him but wasn't worried. He came to a stop on the rocky shore, his school shoes sliding on the slippery rocks, and turned to face a very angry Nora with as innocent of an expression on his face as he could manage.::
Back to top Go down
LostInWonderland
LostInWonderland

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole   Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 11:02 pm

"Well," he said, "I'll just say that I was planning on going to the lake. I would ask if you would care to join me but you've already decided that. And about the 'secret mission,'" his voice suddenly lowered so it was little more than a whisper, "how did you find out? I'll have to tell them I need to reschedule since I can't let you tag along and you'd only follow me if I tried to escape. I just wanted to get out of the castle, it's been driving me mad, being inside nearly all day. So, what've you been up to since last we met? It's been a whole four days already. Who've you dated in that time? Last year it could've been at least three, did you beat that?"

::He took off at a run with good reason. Hot tempered as ever, Nora raced after him, cursing the fact that the girl school shoes weren't good for running. They slid on the grass and when she got to rocks slid on those, and she came to a huffy stop a few feet away from Justin. Scowling at him and his goody-goody looking face, she said, "As a matter of fact I've managed to stay single for the entire year so far and am not planning on breaking my record."

::She didn't care to mention that the whole of term had been a grand total of seven days, but it was better than nothing. Nora, suddenly struck with a thought, continued in a much different tone of voice, teasing almost. "Hogsmeade trip coming up, though. I'll need to find someone to go with for that. Brave enough to ask out Sara?" she asked, grinning mischeviously. "I have a plan, you know. You don't have to do anything but smile and be attentive, if you're up to it. But if you keep being like you are I'll just have to let you fend for yourself."

::She let out a heavy sigh though her eyes were glittering with mischief. "And it's a good plan, too, flawless really..."

::Nora smirked at the pained expression on his face. She knew that he would love to keep taunting her but wanted to know what she had in mind. He wasn't that good with girls, something quite obvious to her. He needed guidance and reassurance that being himself was the best thing, and who did he lay his trust in? Nora, as he always had, and she with him. But in earlier years it had been so much easier when they would share thoughts about the silliest things, really.::

::Waiting for his answer, which was taking a long time as he went over everything in his head, Nora sat down on a largish boulder facing the still surface of the lake. She stretched her legs out in front of her and crossed her ankles, hands planted behind her on the boulder.::

"The clock is ticking," she said impatiently, glancing at her watch. It was nearly eight twenty, they should head back soon. Though the professors hadn't said anything about being outside, all students needed to be back in their common rooms by nine (I need to check the time so if this isn't what was said in the book please don't kill me!)...::
Back to top Go down
Just_In_Time
Just_In_Time

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole   Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 3:42 pm

(Don't worry, Lannie, I can be forgiving Wink)

"As a matter of fact I've managed to stay single for the entire year so far and am not planning on breaking my record...Hogsmeade trip coming up, though. I'll need to find someone to go with for that. Brave enough to ask out Sara?" She grinned, taunting him. "I have a plan, you know. You don't have to do anything but smile and be attentive, if you're up to it. But if you keep being like you are I'll just have to let you fend for yourself."

::Now it was Justin's turn to scowl. He had told her of his growing feelings towards Sara Marsh and she wouldn't shut up about it. Yeah, he had asked for her help, but come on. She should be able to tell him no matter what he did, that's what close friends did.::

::She sighed and looked up at him to say, "And it's a good plan, too, flawless really..."

"Shush, Nora," he muttered, mind racing. He could try and deal with Sara on his own, but without Nora's help if he got stuck he'd be hopeless. But teasing her was so fun! Trying to make this seem like a huge deal, he stayed silent for a while, aparently thinking hard.::

"The clock is ticking."

"I'm thinking, geeze woman," he said irritably though the corners of his mouth twitched upwards. "I can either try and set up something myself and keep teasing you or go hear your idea and have to stop. Decisions, decisions," he said, shaking his head back and forth. She cleared her throat loudly, looking at him expectantly. "Fine," he said. "I guess I need your help...So, what's the plan?"

::Justin walked over and sat on a boulder next to hers. He put his feet up onto hers so that they poked her in the back, crossing the ankles, just to annoy her a little bit more, and mimiced her posture otherwise, leaning back, arms supporting the upper body's weight, and the smile, of course. What have I gotten Sara and I into? A plan coming from Nora's mind? This should be interesting...::

Last edited by on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LostInWonderland
LostInWonderland

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole   Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 3:50 pm

"I'm thinking, geeze woman. I can either try and set up something myself and keep teasing you or go hear your idea and have to stop. Decisions, decisions...Fine. I guess I need your help...So, what's the plan?"

"The plan," said Nora, shoving his feet off of her boulder, "is that we go to Hogsmeade in a group. You, me, Sara," she stuck out a finger as she said the names, counting them off, "Hallie, Alex, Brendon...Yeah, I think that's everyone. And we all have made plans of course. A few of us need to go robes shopping, some need to refil their Potions kits, need new books, oh the possibilities! We have so many excuses to use to get away from you." She laughed and continued, "Anyway, in the end it'll just be Sara and you that don't have anywhere to go. So, naturally, you'll head off to The Three Broomsticks or something and enjoy a nice drink. Sound good? It better because that's the best I've been able to come up with."

::He lifted his feet to put them behind her again and she pushed them away, giving him a look that plainly said that he had better stop it or she was leaving...either that or hex him. His face had settled into a calculating expression and she knew he was thinking of the pros and cons of the situation.::

Good
-get to be with Sara
-butterbeer
-away from everyone else

Bad
-what if he runs out of things to say?
-forgets his money?
-makes a fool of himself?

"Just agree to it," she said quickly after a few moments. "It'll make life a whole lot easier for you, trust me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole   Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catching Up- Private- Nora White and Justin Cole
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fated Destiny-
Jump to: